The Mats Inc. Green Building Council collaborates with the management, product development and service teams at Mats Inc. to implement initiatives that will continue to reduce our impact on the environment.
The Council monitors the USGBC, green building thought leaders, industry-specific blogs and even sound bites on Twitter to obtain and then share industry reports, best practices, studies, standards and trends.
We are constantly looking for ways to reduce waste, reuse materials and decrease energy consumption, while improving efficiencies, performance and quality.
We believe that there is always room for improvement. We regularly analyze our products, systems and processes, making the necessary investments to continually evolve and improve.
Our initiatives extend throughout Mats Inc. and to our clients. Some recent programs include:
- Education course and LEED accreditation support for additional Mats Inc. service personnel to further assist clients.
- Product re-engineering projects to increase post-consumer recycled content and sustainable materials.
- Recycling, repurposing and donating obsolete products and materials.
While our main focus is delivering superior quality and environmentally-friendly commercial flooring products, we believe that even small things that can create a greener workplace make a difference. Working with operations and facilities staff, we have made changes such as:
- Installing motion sensors throughout our facilities to lower energy consumption and waste.
- Implementing Energy Star office equipment, including copiers and printers, and using recycled paper products.
- Promoting “Green Living” tips that provide employees and clients with ways they can make a difference in and out of the workplace.
If you have questions for MIGBC, green building information or green living tips that you would like to share, contact us at email@example.com.
Click here to view the Mats Inc Green Statement.